Faith to Faith

The front cover of my booklet, Faith to Faith

Client: City of Bath College/coursework (FMP: Final Major Project)
Date: May 2014, 1st year City of Bath College Creative Media Level 3 BTEC

This brief was unlike the previous ones, in that we had complete free reign! Well, I say "free reign", we did have themes to abide by, but they were thankfully ambiguous enough not to be constraining: movement, environment, and faith. No prizes for guessing which one I chose.
The project could be anything - a film, a website, a book, a magazine, etc.

My FMP was a short booklet of infographics based on statistics and facts about mainstream religion - namely Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism and Sikhism, as well as general belief in deity, holy books and other less specific religious information.


Pages 1+2, an introduction to the booklet


Pages 2+3, info about the Bible and what was forbidden in the Old Testament

 

Pages 4+5, a matching page spread about the Qur'an and Islam in general

 

Pages 6+7, about belief in deity and the afterlife

 

Pages 8+9, a chart on colour symbolism in religion and a page about Judaism


Pages 10+11, an "outro" or "about the booklet" section


The front cover and back cover of the booklet

While there are aspects I would change today, I'm pleased with the final product. I need to get over my addiction to the font Bebas Neue - I still use it today but at least now I've learnt that it's not really suitable for body text...

Additionally, we had to create a short video to work alongside our print/interactive part of the project. Mine was an advert for the booklet.




0 comments:

Post a Comment